Thursday, September 27, 2007

Upcoming fixes

There seems to be a lot of traffic coming these days, and pop india radio seems to be getting kind of slow. It's possible that the traffic is the culprit, in any case, I'll be adding some more tools to better the experience (loading bar, status text etc.)

Also, for the Virtual Tabla, I'm thinking of adding a few new sounds. Namely "DheRe" and the "slide" effect for the bayan (bass). If you've ever heard the tabla played before, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about!

For those of you who've never heard all the amazing sounds you can play with the bayan (the bass drum), let the Tabla master show you below! (I know I know, the guy on the flute is a bit funny)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I must tell you that the virtual tabla is EXTREMELY AWESOME! It is really sincere people like you who make Indian culture's influence wider and let Indian-legally-but-Western-mentally people like me know more about India's wonderful history. I'm truly in love with Classical Indian music now, because I feel it is in so many ways parallel to metal rock. I know, weird! :)

Thanks again! May the Lord bless you with more technical skills.

Rishi Verma said...

Thank you for your kind words. I'm really glad you like the virtual tabla, and even more glad that it has increased your interest in Indian classical!
Do visit again!
-Rishi